PP meeting is a very important part of Garments manufacturing process, a part of the pre-production process to be completed in the right time for smooth Garments manufacturing process.
PP Meeting Requirements and Procedure in Apparel Industry
A process where buyer QC/Merchandiser are also involve in checking accuracy. Generally, PP meetings conducted by buyer QC, internal PP meeting by garments manufacturer before that, is a good practice to avoid the risk of failing, meeting location factory conference room, or inspection room.
Basic Documents of PP Meeting
- QA File (Approved Trim Card)
- PO Sheet
- Production PDM
- Buying house Comments on approved sample
- Approved sample
- Approved wash standard/Approved shade band-Leg Panel / 1stBach
- Shade Blanket/Shade Card
- Shrinkage Test Report & Distortion Test Report
- Tube Test & Cross Stain Checking Blanket
- Embellishment approvals
- Fabric & Trim’s Inspection Report
- Fabric & Trims inventory report
- Button Pull test report
- PP Size set sample covering all size
You may love to read
Factory Quality Team Responsibility before PP Meeting
- Assigned Quality controller receives all approvals and records them on “PP Meeting checklist”. QA also records expected date of receiving non-available approvals and follows up accordingly with Production merchandiser.
- The QA marks “NA” (not applicable) in case of anything not being used for the particular style.
- Need to do internal PP meeting by factory QA manager with his QC and production before submitting sample for buyer QC PP meeting.
PP Meeting Activities
Fabrication & Finish Issues
- All expected fabrication issues especially those highlighted by during fabric inspection report & sample process.
- Potential production problems according to fabric behavior.
- Fabric quality, CSV/SSV, Shrinkage, Shade, Cross staining & Wash issues.
- All cutting related issues to be highlighted –fabric relaxation, spreading elongation and tension, panel checking and records measurements variation, plaid matching, pattern adjustment etc.
- Grading of pocket, panels, inserts, notches etc.
All potential issues in application of embellishment i.e. print, embroidery, rhinestone, heat transfer label, decorative patches etc. are discussed.
Construction and Stitching Issues
- Sample comments regarding sewing issues and every operation of concerned style is discussed.
- Emphasis is on critical operations. All out of routine operations are discussed with sampling master which finalized in vendor pre-production meeting.
- Difficult operations are highlighted and displayed for every style and doing risk analysis report.
- Difficult operations checklist is maintained and verified during production.
- All expected finishing and packing issues to be highlighted & discussed with vendor. This includes garment shape, pressing, folding, packing etc.
- Pressing, measuring, QA check, folding & packing instructions are placed and clearly demonstrated to ensure PDM instructions are properly followed.
- Factory specs men are advised how to measure before pressing & after pressing & keep records.
- Buyer QC emphasizes on vendor pre-production meeting points during inline inspections.
- Factory merchandiser gives production time and action plan (T.N.A) to buyer QC in pre-production meeting.
- After conducting pre-production meeting, buyer QC distributes pre-production meeting recap/Comments to all participants through e mail or hard copy.
PP Meeting Participants
- Head of operation
- Production Manager (PM)
- Operation & Production in charge
- Technical Manager, Sampling QA and Pattern master
- Production merchandiser
- QA Manager
- Fabric, Store & Finish Manager
- Cutting, Sew & Finishing Manager
- Maintenance & IE Manager
Pre-production (PP) Meeting Requirements and Procedure in Apparel Industry
2 thoughts on “Pre-production (PP) Meeting Requirements and Procedure in Apparel Industry”
Please send me garment ppm comments format [email protected]
good helpful for me