Job Responsibilities of Garments Buyer QC
Buying House QC: A buyer QC is a buying house quality controlling representative, an employee of the buyer, work to ship buyer’s required product quality. Here the QC indicates Quality Control. Buying House assign QC for factory final inspection, all other quality audit and maintaining own quality procedure. Buyer QC is highly respected with good hospitality in every apparel industry. Lots of peoples dream job is to be buying house quality inspector, especially for the people who are working in the different quality control department. Buyer QC is the ultimate authorize from person garments buyer to pass the final inspection of finished goods. I made a list of buyer QC Job description in Apparel industry; hopefully, this article will help you to clear your concept about Job Responsibilities of Garments Buyer QC. A QC manager leads all QC of his team in a buying house.
We have two related article you may also like to read:
The Job Description of Garments Buyer QC
- Accomplish QC cycle of a factory by controlling samples; follow up materials production in-house status, control materials in-house testing, organize PP meeting, cutting permission, inspection, reporting & record keeping.
- Provide training and educate to the quality & production personnel, maintain the needed quality requirements throughout the production processes strictly following the buyer specifications.
- Checking cutting, sewing, and finishing in-process quality control and report to the management.
- Understand and follow the quality SOP in each step of the process, Implement buyer’s every work manual & follow the quality standard to the production factory.
- Conduct In-line Audit, an in-process audit in sewing, finishing, and packing.
- Monitor the whole quality process of the assigned factory.
- Final inspection and confirm the quality of the end product.
- Train up and lead factory GPQ team directly.
- Ultimate responsible person for factory quality controlling process from buyer end.
- Highlight quality report to vendor management and his own top management about any types of quality issue.
- Send final inspection report to buying-house, reporting boss, send a report to factory and buyer top management in critical quality and inspection issue.
Basic Qualification of a Buying House QC
- Minimum 7-10 years’ experience (vary buying-house to Buying House) in apparel manufacturing industry
- Understand fabrics, wash, shade, garments measurement, and AQL system
- Knowledge of Quality control/Audit, QMS, TQM, QC tools, 5S
- Good communication skill; both written and verbal, decision making, problem-solving, good analytical skills, statistical chart, and reporting skill.
A.M. Amirul Islam (Washim)
Email: [email protected]
Linkedin: A.M. Amirul Islam