A production general manager (GM) is a person, who is Head of manufacturing, ultimate responsible person for productivity, operation and operational staff management. Most respected person in garments factory because of having control on whole factory manufacturing process. He is reporting boss of all production managers and staff. GM, DGM, AGM or head of production whatever designation he has (based on experience) works as general manger to handle whole production department to control store, cutting, sewing and finishing. Most of the times he is highest paid employee of his factory such an important person production GM is. He is the person who can communicate with top management (factory owner) for production and production related employee’s appointment and promotion issue. This is the toughest and most important post for garments factory, ultimate responsible person for company’s profit and loss. This article is all about job responsibilities of a Garments Production general manager (GM).
Job Responsibilities of Production AGM in Apparel Industry
Job Titles of Garments Production Head
Though different designations (vary factory wise) have seen in apparel industry, their job responsibilities are same.
- Production/operation AGM
- Production/operation DGM
- Production/operation GM
- Head of manufacturing
- Head of production/operation
They report to Top management like CEO (Chief executive officer), COO (Chief operating officer), MD, DMD, Chairman, and Vice-chairman
Skills and Qualities of Garments Production Head
- Good leadership from mid-level to lower level
- Taking calculate risk
- Quick decision making skill in any situation.
- Should be technically sound
- Able to understand any fancy and critical product producing
- Good judgment and compromise willing person
- Well-disciplined and productivity focused.
- Problem solver of all technical issue
- Represents the whole factory well
Production GM/DGM/AGM Job Responsibilities of Garments Manufacturing
- Responsible for daily production and work to achieve daily production target with buyer required quality standard
- Responsible for operation and operational staff control and management.
- Work for 100% capacity utilization and waste reduction
- Manage all task for smooth production , smooth final inspection pass and on time shipment
- Coordinate all department for smooth Garments manufacturing
- Closely monitor sewing and finishing getting best possible output and giving direction in floor.
- Setup sewing line, check consumption, costing and inventory.
- Strictly follow up hourly production and work for increasing
- Lead all production staff from the front and having good command on them.
- Ensure complete task to make finished goods from raw materials.
- Communicate always with merchandising team and solve every production related issues involved merchandising.
- Achieve maximum production by lowest cost
- Appointing and interviewing all production staff and their salary fixation.
- Guide IE team for increasing production
- Giving feedback to garments Buyer and Buyer QC
- Communicate with top management directly when need in any issues of his garments factory.
If you any more job list than above list, please don’t hesitate to write in the comment box.
A.M. Amirul Islam (Washim)
Email: [email protected]
Linkedin: A.M. Amirul Islam