Job Responsibilities of Quality Manager in Apparel Industry
The apparel industry is one of the growing industry because of higher demand for garments items. Buyers always expect to get a quality product from the garment’s maker. So to ensure production and supply of quality product, every factory has their own quality control department. A quality control department is planned and controlled by a quality manager. As a garments maker or as a potential quality manager you must need to be aware of the job responsibilities of quality manager in apparel industry.
Quality Control/Assurance Manager in Garments
Quality manager in the apparel industry is a person who manages quality control and assurance. He is responsible for developing quality controlling procedure for the whole factory and ensure required quality. It is a big responsibility to work as a quality manager, have to control quality issues and getting a quality product. Quality Manager is responsible for satisfying customers by providing a quality product. So for textile and garments factory, it is very important to have a post for a quality manager. In this article, I am sharing a list of job responsibilities of Quality Manager (QC/QA) of an Apparel Industry.
Skills of Quality Manager in Apparel Industry
- Skills of problem-solving of quality issues
- Garments measuring skill
- Quality controlling
- Good leadership skill
- Customer feedback
- Quality assurance
Job Description of a Garments Quality Manager
- Develop, manage implement, communicate and maintain a quality plan to bring the Company’s Quality Assurance Systems and Policies into compliance with quality system requirements.
- Effectively interact with Technical, Development and Production team to maintain product quality; ensuring that targets are achieved.
- Assisting technicians with checking patterns/specification and construction, identifying and resolving production impracticalities in an appropriately timely manner, and to make a final decision on quality according to company standards and requirements.
- Supervise in the handling of sample evaluation and production approval by reviewing the measurement, workmanship, fitting, accessories, etc., and giving comments on production.
- Monitored QA/QC performance by gathering relevant production data and producing statistical reports to be communicated with all related departments. Identifying relevant quality-related training needs and delivering training.
- Responsible for each aspect of quality control and product assembly in the factory
- Provide enough quality control seminars and coaching for company trainees
- Ensuring all quality & production issue by Auditing & Controlling
- Production planning & machine maintenance and also proper utilized MMR
- To give size set sample approval
- To conduct a pre-production meeting
- Doing In-line inspection to check the quality
- Follow up Pre- Final inspection
- To keep all necessary documents and quality SOP
- To provide approval such as print, embroidery, wash & as per required by the buying house.
- To maintain all discipline and compliance issue
- Lead all quality staff and GPQ
- Ultimately ensure final product quality
Capabilities of QC or QA Manager in Apparel Industry
Here is the list of capabilities of a quality control manager in the apparel industry. Which are the prerequisite capabilities to become a successful quality control manager
- Operation Services
- Report Making in Line/ Final Process inspection
- Factory problem report
- Technical Idea Above sample & bulk Production
- Quality Inspectors Training
- Decision making
- Production Status, Shipment Schedule
- Q.L. Final Inspection before shipment
A.M. Amirul Islam (Washim)
Email: [email protected]
Linkedin: A.M. Amirul Islam