Job Responsibilities of Quality AGM or GM in Apparel Industry
Garments Quality GM: A quality DGM, AGM or GM is the head of quality in an apparel industry, who is responsible for leading the whole department from the supreme position. It is the top designation of the apparel industry like production/operation GM. A quality GM is the utmost responsible person for any quality issues in the apparel industry. It’s very important to know about Quality GM job responsibility for every quality-related person as our dream to be Quality GM, the highest stage of career. Job Responsibilities of Quality AGM or GM in the Apparel Industry is the indicator of what qualification is required to become Quality GM and where the focus is needed.
You may also like to read:
- Job responsibilities of a buying house QC
- Job Responsibilities of Quality Manager in Apparel Industry
- GPQ Job Responsibilities in the Apparel Industry
Job Description of Garments Quality AGM or GM
- Full responsibility for quality function within the location through the entire manufacturing process including incoming, in the process, section-wise, finished goods inspection, and testing.
- Maintains and improves product and operation quality by monitoring product requirements, SOP, compliance, and technical support for the factory.
- Develops and analyzes statistical data and product specifications to determine present standards and establish proposed quality and reliability expectancy of the finished product
- Develops and maintains quality assurance and control objectives and coordinates objectives with production procedures in cooperation with the Production Department and other supporting departments.
- Develop a plan, promote, facilitate, and organizes training activities for all respective persons related to product quality and reliability.
- Continuously review quality control processes, procedures, and capabilities in order to sustain the most cost-effective and efficient methods for meeting quality requirements and making a recommendation for improvement as appropriate for the Garments factory.
- Responsible for buyers any quality inspection failing; final inspection, in-process/inline quality audit, and inspection.
- Responsible for customer (buyer) quality claim and giving on-time customer feedback in any quality issue.
- Responsible for all Technical Audit and implementation of customer technical requirements.
- Should have knowledge of all aspects of quality control methods and practices including AQL levels and other prevailing international standards.
- Implement QC tools, lean manufacturing, and quality visualization.