If you are involved with the apparel industry or you have an interest in working in any level of management, then you must know the Management Levels in Garments Factory. When you clearly know the Management Levels and Their Functions in the Textile and Apparel industry, you can easily decide who is responsible for what. Generally, you can find three levels of management in the Apparel Industry.
Management Levels and Their Functions in the Textile and Apparel Industry
- Top-level management in Apparel Industry
- Middle-level management in Apparel Industry
- Lower level management in Apparel Industry
Top Level Management in the Textile and Apparel Industry
Top-level management has the Supreme authority and most of owning a share in a garments factory. Their designation titled as MD (Managing Director), Director, Chairman, CEO (Chief executive officer), COO (Chief operating officer). They are mainly responsible for setting company policy, objective, ethics, and employee code of conduct of employees as their job role.
Functions of Top Management in Garments Factory
- To establish company policies, define goal and objectives
- Set up company structure and form a company’s core ethics
- Leading Middle-level management
- Appointing mid-level management
- Taking strategic decisions and giving direction in a critical situation
- Take the decision about Staff increment, employee promotion
- Follow up factory profits loss and giving decision any types of financial matters
- Keeping good relation with the buyer (Customer)
- Follow up factory productivity and quality performance
Middle-Level Management in the Textile and Apparel Industry
Middle-level management is called executory level subordinate of senior management but above of lower-level management. Generally, in the Textile and Apparel industry, their job titles are Production manager (PM), Executive officer, Officer, Manager, etc. Company performance depends on Middle-level management.
Functions of Middle Management in Garments Factory
- Lead low-level management /operational staff directly.
- Manage both top and lower-level management
- Appoint low-level management employees
- Set the production target and taking responsibility for production
- Implement company goals, strategy, and policies
- Implement all types of customer requirement
- Responsible for company profit, losses, and performance to the buyer
- Working for top-level and customer satisfaction
- Contact with all level of management
Lower Level Management in the Textile and Apparel Industry
Lower level management is in the supervisory level, supervise workers directly. They also are known as the operational staff who report directly to the mid-level management. In the textile and apparel industry their job title as Supervisor, controller, and in-charge. Low-level management directly connected with work and ultimately responsible for company performance.
Functions of Lower Level Management in Textile and Apparels
- Supervise all Worker directly
- Fulfill the production target
- Follow buyer SOP
- Report Middle-level management
- Solve any problem of worker
Management levels and their functions in Apparel Industry pdf