Singeing: Meaning, Objectives, and Classification
What is Singeing?
Singing is a process of burning out the projecting fiber from the yarn or fabric surface to increase the smoothness and evenness of the fabric. A good singeing ensures a better fabric for that reason printing quality on fabric will be more than the normal condition. Based on the requirements several singeing methods are used in the textile industry. Here in this article, we will discuss singeing meaning, objectives, and classification.
Objective of Singeing
- Burning of projecting fibers from the yarn/fabric surface.
- Fabric/Yarn surface becomes smooth, even, and clean.
- Maximum Luster is produced by mercerizing.
- Help to create a smart design by printing.
- Save from uneven dyeing and printing.
Classification of Singeing
There are three types of singeing. They are as follows:
In plate singeing open fabric is passed upon the copper plate. To maintain ever speed some guide roller and draw roller are used. The temperature of singeing plates is heating but the problem is the plate temperature vary. The processing speed varies at 135-225 m/min.
Advantages of Plate Singeing
Due to friction between cloth surface and copper plate fabric surface become smooth.
Disadvantages of Plate Singeing
Copperplate not to be evenly so uneven singeing is performed.
- Some defects of plate singeing machine are overcome in roller singeing machine.
- In the roller singeing machine, there is used a rotating cylinder instead of a stationary curved plate as a plate singeing machine. It may be made of either copper or cast iron and provided with an internal firing system.
- In this machine, the surface temperature of the cylinder is more uniform at all places.
- The rotation of the cylinder is opposite to the fabric movement, so raise the nap ensuring efficient singeing.
Engineer Sheikh Nurja
If you like this article please do not forget to share on facebook and put your valuable comment.