Difference between Tailor and Garment
The garment can be made both in the tailor and in the garments industry. What is the basic difference between these two ways of the garment manufacturing process? Here mentioning the difference between the tailor and garments.
- In tailors, it takes 1 or 2 people to make a garment.
- Generally, the garment is made for a particular person in the tailor.
- The garment is made according to the body measurement of a person.
- In the tailor, no grading is done.
- In the tailor, the garment can be made from a machine.
- The initial cost is relatively low.
- A single ply of fabric is used.
- In this way fabric wastage is high.
- The risk of loss is the least.
- No need for a pattern.
- It takes a few hours to make a garment.
- In garments, it takes many persons to make a garment.
- A garment is made for many people.
- The garment is made according to standard body measurement.
- Grading is done in garments.
- Generally, many machines are needed for making a garment.
- The initial cost is relatively high.
- Multiple ply of fabric is used.
- Fabric wastage is low.
- The risk of loss is more.
- The pattern must be required.
- It takes less than one minute to make a garment.
Garments manufacturing is done with a long process in the garments industry which can never be cleared in a single article. But today here I am going to present the major sections of garments.
A Different Section of Garments
There are mainly four sections in the garments manufacturing industry. They are as follows.
- Sample section
- Cutting section
- Sewing section
- Finishing section
The main function of this section is to make approve the sample. This section is the first and important section. This section includes, “ Designing to marker making”.
This section includes the process starting from “ Marker making” to “sorting & bundling”. The main function of this section is to cut the fabric according to the marker dimension.
The function of this section is to make a complete garment by using all of the cutting components for a particular style of garments.
This section includes the process from “Ironing to send to buyer”. After making a sample, it should be treated by steam, iron, and use in it all of the finishing accessories and ultimately make the garments attractive as per buyers’ approved sample.
Engineer Sheikh Nurja
B.Sc Engineer of Textile