The Senior Designer Lingerie assists the Design Manager in bringing the collection to life across all categories, from assisting to develop seasonal concepts to generating captivating product stories with print and color execution. This position is crucial in the product development process, collaborating with Merchandising, Tech Design, Sourcing, and CAD at handovers and fittings to ensure that the product is effectively translated and executed. This article is mainly focused on the job description of senior lingerie designer which is not limited to designing under wear, boxer, panty, bra and others.
Job Responsibilities of Senior Lingerie Designer
- Contribute and cooperate with the team to develop the Seasonal Concept narrative by offering brand-appropriate and focused trend overviews, must-haves, and color palettes.
- Partner with other Designers and Product Developers to carefully map out collections over a season to maximize fabric/trend. Contribute and collaborate with team to establish Seasonal Fabric and Development Direction based on seasonal Concepts.
- Present the monthly Line Build to the Vice President of Design. Check that all materials and developments have been explored, that they are producible, and that they suit the company’s goals. It is necessary to have well-organized thoughts and presentation skills.
- Create designs that are in keeping with line plans, assortment strategies, and pricing points that are in line with current market trends and company objectives.
- Create clear and concise tech packs for off shore manufacturers to interpret sketches into prototypes.
- Drive sketches and Pre-Assortment presentations to Merchandising/ Buying/ Production teams, ensure topline style intent and overall collection goal is presented in the best possible way to promote a healthy adoption rate. Accurate and timely follow through post meetings are exercised to avoid delay and miscommunication.
- Attend Fit sessions, provide fit intent with brand standard in mind, from 1st proto to Pre-Production, Advise VP of Design at any point if standard is not met or changes in business model that should prompt immediate attention to maximized sale, minimized risk.
- Partner with Sourcing, Design team and Vendors to approve fits, fabrics, washes, trims, colors and prints through production. Establish Core fabrics and different ways to maximize.
- Work efficiently to meet timeline, cost and promote productivity with capacity and lead-time in mind, while minimize risk of delay or cancellation. Ability to translate designs to reality via sound development/production knowledge.
- Proactively look to understand selling result and spot opportunities. Be able to speak intelligently with data to drive designs and ideas that will elevate brand and increase sell-through. Analytical thinking is required when attending Best Seller and Hindsight sessions.
- Build strong cross-functional relationships with Merchandise, Production, Tech, R&D teams, and proactively communicate pertinent changes and updates timely. Ability to adapt with new working methods while implementing, that will improve teamwork, efficiency, and timely delivery of the correct products.
- Keep up-to-date on emerging fashion trends via researching the market regularly for inspiration, sourcing, and product opportunities.
- Adhere to company guidelines and proactively seek clarity whenever necessary. Minimize risk via following the proper protocols and communication to soundly carry out initiatives and products. Work with big picture in mind, while also able to be detail oriented.
- Create product story boards that capture design themes to excite our customers.
- Travel to Trade shows & fairs, inspiration trips to develop your knowledge of market trends.
Skills Required to become a Senior Lingerie Designer
- Previous fit experience – is essential.
- Ability to identify trends and colors into fabulous and commercial products.
- Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator competency.
- You must be a team player.
- Highly organized, passionate and efficient, with strong problem solving skills, and have a can-do attitude.
- Flexible and comfortable sharing ideas and working in a team.
- Ability to travel as and when required.