Quality of Trims and Accessories quality is very important for garments because of its added value with the final product. Trims and Accessories Inspection in apparel is required to ensure the use of the right quality trims and accessories for getting quality garments, although Trims and Accessories are supplied by the third party/buyer nominated supplier. Basically, garments maker check trims quality after receiving. If there is any quality issue, then they can claim for compensation within a certain date of Trims and Accessories in-house. If GMTS maker fails to identify defects in their inspection process, then they must have to carry liability. So Trims and accessories quality play a vital role in the apparel industry.
Trims and Accessories Inspection in Apparel Industry
You can have a look at the list of trims and accessories from our previous article; List of Trims and Accessories
Most Important Items for Inspection of Trims and Accessories
- There must have a standard Trim card which is to be approved with signature & date by the factory or buying house Merchandiser.
- Buyer style-wise PDM must present to match label/ticketing requirement and sticker.
- And there should have an Acceptable Quality Limit (AQL) Chart to follow AQL.
Trims and Accessories Inspection Procedure in the Apparel Industry
For inspecting trims and accessories, following standard procedure will be followed:
- Trims and Accessories Quality Control (QC) will check trims after in-housed by using AQL 1.5 of every lot.
- If this particular lot fails as per AQL, QC will check 50% Trims of the whole lot.
- If QC finds more defective Trims from out of 50% check, QC will check 100% Trims (a whole lot).
- After completing the check, QC will claim supplier via merchandising
- A claim must be done within 7 days after in-house in a factory.
Trims and Accessories Quality Defect Criteria to Identify During Inspection
- Print Mistake
- Color Problem
- Code Mistake
- Fitness Problem
- Print Spot
- Measurement Problem
- Size Mistake
- Gum Nil
- Running Color
- PO Mistake
- Style Mistake
- Letter Mistake
- Logo Mistake
Explanation of Trims and Accessories Defects
- Print Mistake: Any problem showing for incorrect printing. Example: color bleeding
- Color Problem: Used different color/shade, not match with approved trims color
- Code Mistake: Barcode or any types of code mistake
- Fitness Problem: Not found as per ordered length and width.
- Print Spot: Any spot only for printing
- Measurement Problem: Any types of measurement do not match with an approved swatch
- Size Mistake: When everything okay but mentioned size not correct
- Gum nil: If there needed gum but not found in the inspection
- Running Color: Different types of color in trims when one color is approved
- PO Mistake: When everything is okay but mentioned PO number not correct
- Style Mistake: When everything is okay but mentioned style not correct
- Letter Mistake: Used capital letter instead of small or small letters instead of capital.
- Spot: Any type of spot is to be considered as a defect
- Broken: Trims and accessories broken is a critical defect.
- Logo Mistake: Any problem in logo design and color.
One thought on “Trims and Accessories Inspection in Apparel”
HI. I NEED TO KNOW HOW TO CALCULATE AQL 1.5,2.5