Job Responsibilities and Report of Production Planning Department in Garments
PPC in Apparel Industry: PPC stands for production planning and control, planning for capacity utilization and on time raw material input, output, and delivery. It helps a factory to utilize the resource allocation of activities, supply chain, materials, and production. A garments production planner plays a key role in Garments production, does a line plan, and execute planning. Here in this article, you will get detailed ideas of Job Responsibilities and Report of Production Planning Department in Garments.
The Job Description of a Production Planner in the Apparel Industry
- Responsible to monitor and evaluate raw materials, manpower planning, production recording and follow up
- Production planning according to capacity and 100% capacity utilization in minimum cost.
- Setting the production targets and archives on time.
- Follow up sampling, pre-production activities, cutting, sewing, washing, and finishing according to plan.
- Update production planning time to time according to the current situation.
- Work to implement planning and reduce plan vs actual gap.
- Distribute production planning to all related production staff and meetings to implement planning.
- Monitor daily production; make daily production report and tracking section wise production.
- Achieve on-time shipment maintaining production work sequence.
- Work with merchandising team to QC file as per production lead time and monitor trims-accessories and fabrics in-house status.
- Closely monitoring all pre-production activities(Size set cutting, PP meeting, Pilot Run) and priority-based work progressing.
- Chase the finishing team for on-time final arrangement and ship the goods.
- Implement production planning and update time to time.
We have another article you may like: Production Planning and Control in the Apparel Industry
Planning Reports in Garments
The production planning department or planner has to send a planning report to mid and Top management. Here I am giving a planning report to understand how to make a production planning report. A section-wise production planning report is given in the below.
Line Wise Production Planning Report in Garments
|Sewing Line Production Planning Report|
|Order No||Input Date||Planned Capacity /Day /Line||No of Lines||Name of line||Working Hour||Production Unit||HD||No of Day Req||Output Finish Date|
|Order No||Wash Input Date||Planned Capacity Per Day||Production Unit||No of Working Day Required||Wash Will Complete|
|8257873||10-Nov-18||10000||MCL Laundry Ltd||9||20-Nov|
|8257874||8-Nov-18||10000||MCL Laundry Ltd||2||11-Nov|
|8257875||30-Oct-18||10000||MCL Laundry Ltd||19||21-Nov|
|Goods Finish To Final Audit|
|Order No||Goods Finish Start Date||Planned Capacity Per Day||Weekend/Holiday during prod||No of Working Day Required||Goods Will Ready for Audit|
|Factory Wise Planned Production Capacity Sewing||No Of line /Prod Unit||Factory Wise Planned Production Capacity Wash||A quantity of Dry Process / Normal Wash|
Garments Production Planning Related Interview Questions and Answers
- Who are the production planners in the Apparel industry?
Production planners a person who does production planning in garments as per buyer order. His works started after getting a confirmed order.
- How to do a production plan in a garments factory?
By distributing garments order to every line targeting on-time delivery for production based on factory production capacity, using planning software, ERP or spreadsheet (Excel).
- How to execute garments production planning?
By making sure all necessary items for production in housed, completing all pre-production activities are the primary steps to execute production planning.
- Why need to do production planning in the apparel industry?
To give on-time garments delivery to the customer (buyer), need to do accurate production planning in the apparel industry.
- How to implement production planning in a garments factory?
Ensuring effective planning and work accordingly.
- How to do a production planning report?
By excel production planning and production, the report can be done easily.