Duties and Job Responsibilities of Garments Buying House Technician
Buying House Technical Team: A buying house technician is a person, who is responsible to evaluate/review all types of sample, make comments, and approve or reject all types of the sample from the buyer end. The person is also responsible for sample quality, works to improve sample and bulk quality, guide factory to improve quality. A buying house technical team consists of technicians where they know all types of Technical things of a Garments factory. Here in this article, you will have a detailed idea of Duties and Job Responsibilities of Garments Buying House Technician. In a job description, all the duties and responsibilities are clearly disclosed.
Job Description of a Buying House Technician
- Evaluate all types of samples: Development, Proto, Fit, Size set, Jump size set, Seal, Buyer ref, etc. with a feasibility study of product & risk analysis. Timely identifying & resolving mass production impracticalities.
- Handle sample inspection and sample approval by reviewing construction, measurements, patterns, workmanship, garments outlook presentation, fitting (dummy and model), on fit sample and size set
- Recommend the process simplification & cost-saving alternative options to the buyer
- Sealing of pre-production sample & handover style file for mass production.
- Provide buyer and factory QA advice on complex product items to factories before & during the manufacturing process.
- Participate in PP meetings, review pilot run, and monitor mass production for complex products and the new vendors.
- Perform special assignment and case study for continuous improvement in quality & productivity.
- Assist maker technicians, QA for checking patterns, specifications & construction, and plan on quality according to company standards and requirements.
- Provide technical & quality control seminars & workshops for the vendor’s knowledge & skill improvement.
- Providing training, technical support for the vendor to implement E- pattern approval process.
- Perform an investigation to the customer claim case to find out a solution to minimize the repetition of the problem
- Provide required training/guidelines to garments makers to update/enhance their skills on technical, quality, and operational capabilities.
- Provide technical support to Merchandising, Design Team, factories, overseas designers, and vendors.
- Quality improving work of different sewing operations and implementation in factory sewing line.
- Develop process quality and advice factories to follow.
- Responsible for all technical issues of garments.
Jobs in Buying House Technical Team
Generally, we can find the following types of designations in the buying house technical department.
- Assistant Technician
- Senior Technician
- Assistant Technical Manager
- Technical Manager
Duties and Job Responsibilities of Garments Buying House Technician pdf
One thought on “Duties and Job Responsibilities of Garments Buying House Technician”
Quallity Auditor in cut to packing