Cutting Section Standard Operating Procedure in Garments Industry
Cutting Section Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) is developed to provide guidelines for the workers so that they have proper knowledge of working. SOP is written in the simplest way to ensure a better understanding of all people who are involved directly or indirectly with those particular activities. In a garments industry, you may find different forms of SOP and it can vary company to company and also department to department.
Cutting Section SOP
Each and every garment company always try to make the best adaptable standard operating procedure. You know that cutting section is a very crucial part of garments manufacturing, keep in mind the importance of this section I made a simple Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) for cutting a section of garments so that can make SOP for your company. Now a day’s it is mandatory to make SOP and hang it to the working place of each section in the apparel industry for a better understanding of the procedure and to minimize operational error.
Sample form of Cutting Section Standard Operating Procedure is as flows:
Fabrics Relaxation Procedure
- Spandex fabrics will be relaxed a minimum of 24 hours making unroll in the cutting section.
- Relaxation date and time must be recorded. After spreading, will relax 2 hours before the cut.
Before Cutting Procedure
- Receive marker and quality check by cutting QC.
- Fabric Spreading will be done based on Shade chart/Shade grouping provided by the fabric warehouse.
- Spreading report will be made after spreading with related all necessary data.
- Spreading Quality checkpoint: -Table marking -Ends -Leaning –Tension -Narrow Goods -Remnants -Counts -Ply High -Marker Placing -Fabric Flaws
- The highest lay for woven fabrics is length 14 meters and height 3 inches.
- The Lay chart should be maintaining roll wise.
- The quality inspector will control quality inspection during fabrics lay.
- Cutting spreader man will spread marker after finishing lay.
- For stripe and check fabrics, alignment to be correct by using a hook, thread.
- Before cutting cutter man will attach clamp, Gum tap on the layer.
- Shade chart will be hanged during lay.
- Cutting Quality checkpoints: -Miss cut –Rugged Cutting –Notches-Matching Plies and pattern check.
After Cutting Procedure
- Quality will check every bundle using hard pattern three different positions of the bundle.
- Numbering and bundling separation done by following spreading report and identify each bundle by style, Cutting number, Bundle number, size, Serial number, Shade number, and Parts name.
- 100% cut panel will be inspected
- If any defective panel found, will be replaced from lay chart wise remnants by following shade and pattern grain line.
- The light color bundle will bind with a light color string; deep color bundle will bind with deep color string
- Light color Fabrics will be covered by poly in rack or pallet.
- Then all cut panels will be ready to deliver in sewing.
You can download cutting section SOP in Garment Industry from here.