Operator Grade Assessment and Improvement in Apparel
Objectives of Grade Operator Assessment
- To assess the 6th-grade operator’s operational performance.
- To assess 6th-grade operators’ HR & behavioral performance.
- To improve 6th grade to 5th grade based on performance from the evaluation.
- To improve an operator’s skill, create motivation, and enhance overall organizational efficiency.
Assessment Criteria (Marks and Grade)
|Score (Out of 100) OP – 60 & HR – 40||Grade|
|55.01 to 75||B|
|35 to 55||C|
Assessment Base Consideration (Operational Performance)
- Out of 100 assessment marks, 60 marks allocated
- Types of operation (basic, medium, critical operation)
- Number of operations performed (no of different operations)
- Operation wise efficiency (different operations wise efficiency)
- Minimum number of operations -03 (an operator must attain min 03 different operations)
Measurement of Operational Performance
|Type||Process Marking||Efficiency Level||Total Efficiency Mark||Mark Per Efficiency (%)|
|Basic||Below 40% = 0||41% – 100%||60||1|
|Medium||Below 30% = 0||31% – 90%||60||1|
|Critical||Below 25% = 0||26% – 85%||60||1|
Assessment Base Consideration (HR and Behavioral Performance)
- Out of 100 assessment marks, 40 marks allocated
- Types of HR performance criteria (absent, late, lunch out, disciplinary action)
- Score deduction based on negative performance
Measurement of HR & Behavioral Performance
|Parameter||Consideration||Mark||Per Day Marks Deduct|
|Absent||25 Days/Year||20||.80 for 1 Day|
|Late||25 Days/Year||10||.40 for 1 Day|
|Lunch Out||12 Days/Year||5||.42 for 1 Day|
|Disciplinary||2 Letter/Year||5||2.5 for 1 Letter|
Example (For 4 Grades Assessment)
|Card No.||Employee Name||Designation||Performance (60)||Absent (20)||Late (10)||Lunch Out (5)||Disciplinary Action (5)||Total Score||Grade|
|100501||Ms. Khadiza||Gen. O.L.O||53.67||17.6||8.8||4.58||5||89.65||A|
|100575||Ms. Tahmina||Gen. O.L.O||34.33||20||10||5||5||74.33||B|
|100887||Ms. Tania||Gen. O.L.O||13.67||18.4||8.4||5||5||50.47||C|
|100972||Ms. Maria||Gen. O.L.O||8||10.4||0.8||4.58||5||28.78||D|
Example (Grade Variation Because of Unsatisfactory Performance)
Proposal Based on Evaluation
- Grade improvement based on evaluation (6th grade to 5th grade from current -govt. pay structure gross 8420 Tk/month to 8875 Tk/month)
- Monitoring, assessment & evaluation from operational, HR & behavioral performance we can offer extra efficiency increment/ performance reward increment as per grading.
- Proposed reward increment: grade a-100 Tk, grade b-75 Tk, grade c-50 Tk, and graded need training & re-assessment.
Operator Grade Assessment in Apparel