Pre Production Meeting in Apparel Industry
Pre production meeting is known as PP meeting in Garments/Apparel industry. In pre production meeting in apparel industry, discussion of every important issues related with bulk production is done, so that respected parties can ensure successful shipment of ordered goods. What kind of precautionary measures that need to be taken by the company is being set in PP meeting.
Working Procedure of Pre Production Meeting
- Make a plan of bulk Production
- Make layout
- Review PP sample/Size set sample/ 1st Production.
- Discussing all process parameter of every section.
- Review all checklist of PP meeting.
- Giving special instruction for bulk production.
- Find out all construction and structural defects of PP sample/Size set/1st production
Merchandiser confirm that all necessary items are already in housed for finished garments.
Some Important Documents to Present in PP Meeting
- Purchase order sheet (PO Sheet)
- Fabric inventory Report
- Trims and Accessories inventory Report
- Shade Grading Report
- Shrinkage Report
- Fabric Inspection Report
- Trims and Accessories inspection Report
Attendances of Parties in Pre Production Meeting
PP meeting can be held in buying house or factory or in both. These respective person need to be present in Pre-Production Meeting:
- Buying QC
- Technical Team
- Head of Warehouse
- Head of cutting
- Head of Sewing
- Head of Finishing
- Production Representative/PM
- Quality Representative
- Industrial Engineer
A.M. Amirul Islam (Washim)
E-mail: [email protected]