Features of Denim Fabric
Now a day’s Denim is a most popular and demanding fabric around the world because of unique features of denim fabric. Denim came from the French word “Serge de Nimes”. “Jeans” produced by denim is preferable by the teenagers because it can be worn as a fashionable or casual dress in different conditions. The production of denim is more than 50 percent of the world’s production is done by the South Asian countries where as China and Bangladesh are one of the larger contributors.
The following features of denim fabric can be identified
- Denim is one of the highly demanding international commercial fabric
- Produce by 100% cotton yarn but you may find there are few denim fabric blended with spandex and polyester.
- Manufactured by Twill weave
- Warp yarn dyed by indigo/blue eye
- Weft yarn remain white/grey as its natural color
- Denim jeans is very strong and does not tear easily that’s why it is long lasting.
- Denim can be ironed at a high temperature
- Denim is very long lasting fabric but after certain period it becomes fade
- Denim is durable, drape and flexible in nature
- Denim is woven fabric make by interlacing warp and weft yarn
- To control shrinkage, wrinkling commonly blended with spandex
- Blended denim fabric has very good stretch ability, comfortable wear for slim figure
- Use of denim: Jacket, jeans, shirts, skirts, swimsuit, belts, handbags etc.
A.M. Amirul Islam (Washim)
If you like this article please do not forget to share on facebook and put your valuable comments.