Flow Chart of Garments Cutting Section
Before sewing you have to cut fabrics parts by parts according to measurement and sewing allowance. The function of cutting fabrics in accordance with the sewing allowance and required measurements is done by the cutting section of the garments. Cutting is the first step basically we may find in garments making. When cutting started we can say that garments production is also started that means starting cutting also indicates starting of production.
Flow chart of garments cutting section is the interrelated sequence of the following
Production order sheet => Pattern receive => Marker making => Fabric receive => Fabric spreading => Marker placing => Cutting => Sorting => Numbering and checking => Bundling => and finally Input to sewing.
Flow Chart of Garments Cutting Section
Keep in mind that as the fabrics cutting is one of the crucial parts of the production you have to be more careful to ensure proper measurement. If you cut the fabrics into wrong measurement then the production garment will be considered as defected items because you will be failed to produce according to the specified size or shape. It is quality control department to check whether every process is maintained in a right way.
A.M. Amirul Islam (Washim)
Facebook: Amirul Islam Washim
E-mail: [email protected]
If you like this article please do not forget to share on facebook and put your valuable comments.
Pattern is a hard paper which is made by following each individual component for a style of garments. The appearance and fit of garments is highly dependent on each process. In the development of a garment pattern making is one of the most important step.
Pattern making in garments depends on the
- Skill of the person
- Technological Knowledge.
- Analysis of design
- Experience of garments making
Pattern Making Step
- Block pattern or Basic block
- Working or garment pattern
Block pattern or Basic block
Block pattern or basic block is individual component of garments without any design or style. It is produced according to exact dimension of standard body measurement where no allowance is considered.
Block patterns are made in two ways
a) Flat method
In Flat method the pattern of different parts of garments especially body and sleeve are made by technical drawing.
- In technical drawing, the rule and application of method of body measurement and its ratio depends on pattern maker.
- This type of pattern can be made by computer. In this case, the program of pattern of pattern making is stored in computer disk.
- This method actually comes from modeling method.
- This is a fast pattern making method.
Modeling method is primary and first method of pattern making. Till now this method is used widely in apparel industry.
- In modeling method, Block is made with standard body measurement of dummy is called Toile. Toile is worn on the body of dummy to check fittings.
- Then toil is worn out from the body of dummy and individual parts of toile are drawn on hard paper or board paper.
- This method is the most efficient method of pattern making but required more time in this method.
- On the basis of block pattern or basic block Garments pattern is made. Individual block pattern are drawn on hard paper or board paper.
- Sewing allowance, trimming allowance, button whole allowance, dart, and pleat is considered. Individual patterns are made for individual parts of garments.
- In the pattern, grain line is showed by arrow.
- After drawing of pattern, working pattern is separated from board paper by knife.
- Size and name of individual parts are written on every part.
- Simple garments are made from working pattern.
Engineer Sheikh Nurja
B.Sc engineer of textile
Merchandiser at buying house
If you like this article please do not forget to share on facebook and put your valuable comment