Singing is a process of burn out the projecting fibre to increase smoothness and evenness of the fabric.
Objective of Singeing
- Burning of projecting fibres from yarn/fabric surface.
- Fabric/Yarn surface become smooth, even and clean.
- Maximum Luster is produced by mercerizing.
- Help to create smart design by printing.
- Save from uneven dyeing & printing.
Classification of Singeing
There are three types of singeing. They are
In plate singeing open fabric is passed upon the copper plate. To maintain ever speed some guide roller and draw roller are used. The temperature of singeing plates are heating but problem is the plate temperature vary. The process speed vary 135-225 m/min.
Advantages of plate singeing
Due to friction between cloth surface and copper plate fabric surface become smooth.
Disadvantages of plate singeing
Copper plate not to be evenly so uneven singeing is performed.
- Some defects of plate singeing machine are overcome in roller singeing machine.
- In roller singeing machine there is used rotating cylinder instead of stationary curved plate as plate singeing machine. It may be made of either copper or cast iron and provided with internal firing system.
- In this machine the surface temperature of the cylinder is more uniform at all places.
- The rotation of the cylinder is opposite to the fabric movement, so raise the nap ensuring efficient singeing.
Gas Singeing Will discuss in my next article as it is so important types. Stay with us.)
Engineer Sheikh Nurja
B.Sc engineer of textile
Merchandiser at buying house
If you like this article please do not forget to share on facebook and put your valuable comments.