What are the Responsibilities of an Apparel Merchandiser
In the Apparel sector now a day’s Apparel Merchandising is a well known and preferable job profile. As a student of textile engineering, many of us dream to be an Apparel merchandiser. This job carrier is also well known to others people beside textile related personnel. If you want to be an apparel merchandiser then you must know the responsibilities of apparel merchandiser.
The word Merchandising comes from the word Merchandise. Merchandise means buying and selling something.
The whole activities of merchandise ( means the activities of promoting the sale of goods) is “Merchandising”. Merchandising is a process/function for what to buy and how to sell. In other word merchandising is the marketing activity responsible for ensuring a product’s desirability, both in qualitative and quantitative
The person who deals with the merchandise is called Merchandiser. If a person deals with apparel merchandising then the person is called “Apparel Merchandiser”.
Mainly merchandising is a part of the marketing process. There are required 4 P’s to complete the whole process of merchandising.
Responsibilities of Apparel Merchandiser
- Doing work with buyers/sellers closely and determining a range of commodities or goods to sell.
- Doing work in right time in right place considering time & place for buying goods demand
- Calculation the prices of goods
- Preparing current sales figure
- Giving policy guidelines to the buyers
- Taking responsibility promotion, display
- With the help of merchandising manager determining a strategy of goods
- Monitoring stock management
- Preparing purchase orders to match range plan from buyers
- For the buyers preparing detailed spreadsheets
- Planning for the whole production process and financial process
- Ensuring purchase order raised to budgets.
- Fabric and accessories sourcing and tracking
- Negotiation with buyers/factories/and others about cost price.
- Approving samples.
- Factory production scheduling and production tracking
- Monitoring all production process.
- Ensuring preparation of all shipping documents.
- Arranging final inspection
- Shipping plan and booking
- Ensuring shipment in due time.
So, hopefully, it was helpful for you. If you like it do not forget to put down your valuable comment and share on facebook
Engineer Sheikh Nurja