Simple Job Description of Financial Manager
Financial manager are responsible for managing financial resources of an organization. Basically those who make financial plan for effective use of the fund to ensure organizational wealth maximization are known as financial manager. The success of an organization depends on the right use of the financial resource, although it is very tough job to manage. But financial manager/ finance manager always work for collecting fund from least costly sources and invest in potential sector where maximization of return is insured.
Job Description of Financial Manager
A job description contains a list of responsibilities that have to be performed by a financial manager/ finance manager. It also contains what are the qualities and qualifications are required to be a finance manager. A simple job description may include followings:
- Title of the Job: This indicates the position of financial manager that is position can be of assistant manager / manager / senior manager.
- Role of the Job or job responsibilities: There are several roles that a manager have to perform, these are
- Required to formulate financial planning and taking financial decision as per requirement of the company.
- Preparing monthly/ quarterly/ yearly budget for the company.
- Monitoring cash inflow and outflow over the period.
- Preparing reports and financial statements.
- Ensuring wealth maximization of the company as it is primary goal.
- Prepare financial report to check the performance of the company, that whether the performance is upward or downward.
- Make forecast of future demand of the fund and take initiative to manage this fund timely.
- Maintain good relationship with the creditor.
- Ensuring balance between long term and short term asset and liabilities.
- Formulating collection and payment mechanism (collection of accounts receivable, payout the accounts payable)
- Location of the Job: Location of job or workplace for the manager, current location or probable future location need to be mention clearly.
- Remuneration/ Benefit of the Job: The amount of remuneration which will be provided for the financial manager over the period is needed to be mentioned. Because this one is the influential factor that that will create interest of working.