Accounts manager is responsible to work with day to day finance and accounting related activities. The main purpose of accounts manager/ accounting manager is to prepare financial statements (income statement, balance sheet, cash flow statement, owner’s equity statement etc.) for the company. Basically accounts manager deals with the accounts of customers.
Accounts manager job description/ responsibilities of accounts manager:
A simple job description of accounts manager/ accounting manager may contain followings:
- Handle all types of accounts of an organization and monitor accounts.
- Prepare financial statements (income statement, balance sheet, cash flow statement, owner’s equity statement etc.) monthly, quarterly, semi annually, or yearly in accordance with the requirement of the company.
- Prepare pro-forma financial statements to forecast about the financial condition of the company or see the potentiality of the company’s financial position.
- Analyzing the costing of different accounts and keeps record of all revenues and expenditures.
- Work as an internal auditor for the company to support the external auditor.
- Make decision about the financing and investing decision, if there is no other financial manager.
- Ensure proper monitoring of each and every transaction.
- Provide account/ financial information to the top manager.
- Support senior manager as per the requirements.
To perform these functions an accounts manager should have following qualities:
- Should have adequate knowledge of accounting and finance
- Ability to use accounting software so that manager can use it according to their needs.
- Experience of managerial work will added value to the educational qualification.