Simple Job Description of Merchandiser
Merchandiser plays a very important role for getting and keeping key customers for the company through communicating and delivering the service as required. As merchandisers are responsible for contacting with clients (local or international) and make contact on behalf of the company he/she working for. Basically a merchandiser works as a media among buyers and sellers.
A simple job description of merchandiser contains all probable list of responsibilities a merchandiser need to be done when working as a merchandiser for a particular company. Although the core responsibility of merchandiser is common for all level of merchandising but the job description can be different for different types (retail merchandiser, visual merchandising and fashion merchandiser) of merchandiser or different level (trainee merchandiser, junior merchandiser, assistant merchandiser, merchandiser and senior merchandiser) of merchandiser.
Core Responsibilities of Merchandiser
Under the core responsibilities all major merchandising tasks must need to perform by the merchandiser assigned by the organization. Adequate knowledge and experience may be required to do these tasks.
A merchandiser is responsible for the following tasks:
- Ensure timely and regularly contact with the clients as required
- Visiting suppliers/ manufacturers factory or business area to monitor the production quality according to the specification.
- Calculating the consumption of different apparel items (shirts, pants, trousers, or any others). This to be done perfectly within a stipulated time.
- Estimating cost of different consumption items so that on the basis of actual costing information contract can be made.
- Negotiate with customer to fix the selling price of the goods
Additional Responsibilities of Merchandiser
In addition to the core responsibilities merchandiser may need to do additional task assigned by the superior or respective supervisor under whom he/she is working for.
- Involve in planning and marketing activities if required by the selling and marketing department.
- Prepare report daily, weekly and monthly basis to show the prospects of sales volume.
- Make a list of potential customer and try to build good customer relationship with them.
- Involve with sales promotional activities so that sales can increase.
Not necessarily the job description of merchandiser limited to all these above mentioned things, it may contains many other things those are considered important by the human resource manager.
If you like this article please do not forget to share on facebook and put your valuable comment.