QMS Department Job Responsibilities of Garments Industry
Garments QMS Department
QMS is a quality management system based on customer requirements, system, and management of quality control and assurance. Garments manufacturers have to comply with buyer QMS / Technical Requirements, no way to avoid it if they want to continue business buyer. QMS or technical audit score effect on business, lower scores factory lose orders or marked in reject list one time. All buyers set QMS guideline for their vendor/ Supplier. QMS department is responsible for buyer QMS requirements implementation. QMS Audit is also known as Technical Audit in the apparel industry. QMS Audit going to be important like social compliance audit of Garments manufacturing factory. Quality management system plays a vital role to Develop quality of the industry. QMS department is a part of quality engineering. QMS department is Responsible for all quality, technical audit and process audit of the apparel industry.
Job Description of Garments QMS Department
- Follow up, monitor and supervise QMS requirements
- To run successfully QMS throughout the whole manufacturing unit from warehouse to shipment.
- Lead quality control and management system in cutting, sewing, and finishing
- Train up all quality inspector, quality staff about basic quality requirements, quality concept, and quality policy.
- Develop quality SOP, quality Manual for good quality management.
- Total Quality Management, Implementation and Continual Improvement.
- Implement all technical requirement of the buyer for technical audit.
- Doing internal QMS/ Technical Audit being internal auditor, work with all section head for improvement.
- Keep all quality documentation & SOP of quality.
- Manage & monitor trims & accessories inspection department & work with the merchandising team to reduce defects from the supplier end.
- Implement 5S housekeeping in workplace and train every department about 5S.
- Manage & monitor sample department for on-time sample submission, quality & changes in the sample for better productivity & quality.
- Manage & monitor quality department of Cutting, Sewing & Finishing sections.
- Implementation of appropriate Quality procedure in every section & manpower based on it.
- Manage & monitor training for all quality personnel for better quality.
- Work with Buying QC for a better understanding of quality requirement & present during the audit.
- All types of Quality Metrics & KPI reporting
- Conduct technical, quality seminar and coaching.
- Technical Files and Document Control
- Implement Lean manufacturing and Six Sigma to improve quality.
- Implement traffic light system in the sewing line to track and control operator wise defect.
Skills Needed for QMS Job
- Quality troubleshooting
- Critical problem solving
- Good analytical knowledge
- Statistical analysis
- Good communication skill
- Technical skill on the quality issue
- Statistical and data-driven quality control
- Good command on excel and PowerPoint
QMS Job Designations of Garments
Those jobs are available in Bangladesh to do work QMS department of Garments; woven, knit and sweater factory.
- QMS responsible
- QMS officer
- Internal Auditor QMS
- QMS Auditor
- QMS Executive
- QMS Assistant Manager
- QMS Manager
- QMS coordinator
- QMS consultant
- QMS Head